The Office of the CIO (OCIO) comprises the IT Services (ITS) and Business Transformation Office (BTO). The unit is experiencing a period of exciting transformation and growth with the goal of improving the technology experience and service delivery to UFV’s students, faculty, and staff.
Reporting to the Technical Solutions Specialist, the Senior Analyst, Technical Systems plans, administers improvements and engages in complex trouble shooting related to but not limited to Office 365, Exchange, Azure Active Directory, OneDrive, SharePoint online and MS Teams. The position is responsible for the stability, security and availability of the organizational Microsoft Office suite including email systems.
Please note system maintenance is usually required to be performed off-hours and major issues are responded to on a 24/7 basis. This position may be required to work at any UFV campus based on operational needs. This position will also perform other related duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The position is responsible to support the design and architecture of the Microsoft 365 and Azure systems across all campuses including the implementation and administration of Active Directory groups and group policies, managing access and security of the network file system
- Installation and maintenance of Microsoft Office 365, Office 365, Exchange, Azure Active Directory, OneDrive, SharePoint online and MS Teams.
- Establishes systems performance monitoring and usage reporting standards and schedules
- Makes recommendations and plans the deployment of new functionality for the system
- Monitors and maintains enterprise wide Microsoft network operating system and associated applications including ensuring back-up and recovery plans are in place and implemented
- Participates in the execution of upgrades and services with the user community
- Engages in systems performance monitoring and usage reporting standards and schedules
- Work in close collaboration with internal IT areas to resolve complex issues
- Implement and troubleshoot system migrations, upgrades, patches and other requirements, in particular items related to the active directory system, student and employee email systems
- Administer group policies related to technical systems, identifying and escalating issues or problems as needed
- Maintains all technical documentation related to technical systems
- Creates support documentation maintenance and configuration changes
- Maintains professional knowledge and currency in related technologies through engaging in learning opportunities both formal and informal including researching emerging technologies and standards, demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement
- Communicates in a respectful and professional manner with all aspects of the department, University community and related vendor partners
- Collaborate effectively as a team member, including sharing information, cross training and cooperation
- Follows change management best practices related to the coordination of upgrades, system improvements and release management.
- Participates in committees and project teams as required
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade of this position.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- MCSA, MSCE, MCTS or related Microsoft certifications is required
- Minimum of Six (6) years of experience implementing Microsoft enterprise systems with Systems Center processes
- Broad understanding of core Microsoft cloud technologies and services, including: Azure AD, Azure IaaS/PaaS and Office 365, and core Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Server. Mastery of one or more of the following: Azure Event Hub, Azure Insights, Azure Key Vaults, Splunk, EMS/Intune, System Center (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM), and SQL.
- Practical knowledge of SMTP routing, Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, Mail Routing, Exchange and SMTP Troubleshooting
- Powershell scripting experience
- System and / or network integration experience
- Remote monitoring tool experience
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Provides positive and proactive communications and customer service to users, vendors and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Job duties may be rescheduled on short or limited notice due to IT emergencies
- Working at any of UFV’s campus locations may be required
How to Apply
Direct application materials referring to Posting #J0221-1178. The Selection Advisory Committee will begin reviewing applications on March 26, 2021; however, the position will remain open until filled.
The University of the Fraser Valley is located on the unceded (ancestral) territory of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. We express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in S’olh Temexw (Our World; Our Land). In all that we do, UFV strives to support and honour the Stó:lo peoples goals of self-determination and well-being on these lands. A commitment to Indigenization and Reconciliation is core to our institutional Vision and our Education Plan. This commitment includes the goal of centring Indigenous ways of knowing throughout our organization, recognizing our responsibilities to community, and a multi-year plan to increase the number of Indigenous faculty, staff, and administrators working at UFV.
UFV has four campus locations within the beautiful Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Recognized as one of BC's top employers, UFV offers a combination of career and lifestyle benefits. Join a team of 1,400 passionate professionals who value integrity, inclusivity and excellence. At UFV, you will serve a vibrant community, and shape the future of 15,000 students.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment. Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check and/ or a verification of their education credentials.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.