September 30, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Reporting to the Manager, Security Operations the Senior Analyst will be working across all functions of the Teck Cyber Security Team. Security Platform Operations:
maintain and operate core security systems including incident management, security automation, forensic/investigative, and reporting systems to ensure availability in accordance with published SLAs and quality benchmarks. Incident Support:
support the incident response team in incident response activities through the development/updating of use cases, integration of additional data, and searching/reporting as needed. Education and Training:
assist in the planning and execution of awareness and training programs targeted at various audiences across Teck ranging from end users to IS administrators. This will include all types of awareness and training ranging from email notices, web-based training, and in person presentations/courses. Projects:
collaborate with teams delivering new projects, ensuring that the resulting delivery is appropriately instrumented, logs properly ingested and parsed, and use cases and alerting are adjusted appropriately.
To be successful, you must be user focused, possess expert technical skills and good interpersonal skills to interact with a wide variety of colleagues at all levels. You will also contribute to maintain a well secured environment to ensuring that everyone goes home safe and healthy every day! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Acting as the primary analyst for a group of systems while working independently or in collaboration with different partners at all level
- Be responsible for sprint planning and ensure the tools are meeting the needs of the users
- Participate as assigned in any security incident or investigation they are assigned to
- Ensure documentation is up to date and complete
- Plan and conduct end user or IS targeted awareness and training campaigns
- Conduct research into any risks and threats as required to ensure the IS Cyber Security risk register is accurate and up to date
- Degree/Diploma, preferably with a focus on Information Security
- CISSP, GAIC or other security related certification
- 5+ years working in a security operations/security engineering role
- Experience leading projects and initiatives
- 3+ years managing a current SEIM or logging platform
- 3+ years' experience developing use cases and security automation
- Experience in the agile framework and methodology
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-POSTED Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Engineer, Social Media, Operations, Security, Engineering, Marketing
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics