Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
You are a professional accountant (CPA) or certified internal auditor (CIA) who thrives on obtaining a detailed understanding of how a business operates and is passionate about using that knowledge to ensure financial and operational risks are identified, assessed and mitigated
As a potential candidate, you have knowledge and experience in implementing internal control principles (e.g. COSO), financial and operational processes, risks, and a working knowledge of IT general controls. You also have a proven track record for identifying risks, assessing processes and controls, identifying control gaps, and recommending new or revised controls to mitigate risk.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Reporting and Assurance, you will play a key role in the assessment, development and implementation of our internal control environment in accordance with COSO principles. You Have...
You’re Great At...
- Professional accounting or internal audit designation (CPA, CIA etc)
- Minimum 3-5 years full-time experience in public practice or internal audit
- Current knowledge of US auditing standards and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Assisting in the assessment, design and implementation of an effective control environment, including both financial and operational internal controls
- Developing and performing annual and periodic risk assessments
- Identifying, designing and evaluating control activities that contribute to the mitigation of risks
- Working with control owners, operations, and IT to create/update process flow documents, flowcharts and risk/control matrices
- Identifying and evaluating issues or deficiencies, recommending improvements and action plans, and soliciting feedback and management responses
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements to increase effectiveness and/or gain efficiencies
- Performing control effectiveness testing and assisting with any remediation
- Liaising with external auditors regarding internal controls over financial reporting
- Working with IT to understand and assess general IT controls, system interfaces, and automated controls
- Communicating with and educating process/control owners, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls and an effective control environment.
- Preparing reports and presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, and/or provide recommendations for improvement.
- Experience in SaaS space
- Experience with Netsuite and/or Salesforce