Senior Labour Relations Advisor
Reporting to the Superintendent, Operational HR, the Senior Labour Relations Advisor is responsible for providing Senior level advice to management on contract negotiations, collective agreement administration and other sensitive employee relations matters.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Labour Relations Advisor with a passion for creating a fair, positive working environment and facilitating communication between employees, managers and bargaining agents. The ideal candidate will exhibit a passion for supporting with Labour Relations business needs and finding innovative ways to resolve disputes, especially during collective bargaining and grievance discussions.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Investigate employee relations issues including employee matters and performance concerns while maintaining confidentiality, consistency and sensitivity
- Creates and maintains pro-active, effective, and trusting relationships with Leaders and Employees to provide advice, guidance, and counsel on HR matters including execution of employee disciplinary actions
- Assists in the development, implementation, and administration of human resources policies and procedures to ensure compliance with employment law
- Provide advice, coaching and counseling to local management in the area of labour relations: contract interpretation, discipline, attendance management and grievances
- Support the grievance preparation and administration process, working in conjunction with Union representatives, HR Business Partners and internal business stakeholders.
- Track grievances and provide information, guidance, analysis, recommendations and assistance on issues and cases
- Participates in Collective Bargaining Processes
- Engages with employees and leaders to support Teck's Purpose and Values
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations, Psychology, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 7-10+ years of broad Human Resources experience with exposure to various aspects of the HR/employee lifecycle.
- Minimum 5 years of direct front-line labour relations experience including participation in collective bargaining, grievance & arbitration processes
- Experience in or working knowledge of applicable employment law and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Strong initiative, judgement, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to operate with very high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrates Teck's commitment to safety and sustainability
- Professional HR designation such as CPHR (currently held or in progress) considered an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
All applicants are requested to attach their cover letter and resume as one document.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Teck has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the seventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies.
Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com. Job Segment:
Sustainability, Coal Mining, Employee Relations, Compliance, Energy, Mining, Human Resources, Legal