At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity:
Our Employment and Labour Law
team is comprised of knowledgeable and experienced lawyers and Human Resources professionals who specialize in employment, labour and human rights law with proven litigation and negotiation capabilities. This team represents corporate and institutional clients (employers) with any issues that they may have with employees.
Our Employment and Labour Law team in the GVA provides employers with holistic HR, compensation and legal advice to attract, manage, retain and engage their people and create practical solutions to complex and challenging workplace issues.
The Senior Advisor, Human Resources
is a seasoned human resources professional who advises clients on workplace issues, including developing clear workplace policies and programs, training, managing workplace conflict, providing accommodation, and identifying workplace risks. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Be a trusted advisor, coach, and influencer to our clients on HR-related matters, including performance management, compensation, conflict resolution, disability management, workplace accommodation, wellness and succession planning.
- Understand and articulate the client's talent strategy, challenges, and opportunities to enable clear communication and employee engagement
- Develop and implement HR policies, programs, training and initiatives aligned with our client's business needs.
- Discern insights and trends from information and data and leverages them to identify opportunities for change that will deliver value and impact.
- Support our clients in creating a safe, accessible and inclusive work environment.
- Provide advice and support in a lead HR role in acquisitions.
Keys to your success:
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources in a professional services environment
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a Bachelor's degree in a related field and a post-secondary diploma or certificate in HR
- A CHRP, or CHRL designation, is considered an asset
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' business and needs.
- Ability to develop, establish and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .