At Doctors of BC our vision is to promote a social, economic, and political climate in which members can provide the citizens of BC with the highest standard of health care, while achieving maximum professional satisfaction and fair economic reward.
Recognized for outstanding employee engagement and a 'high-trust' culture, it’s our people and the spirit they bring to the workplace that makes us such a Great Place to Work.
Together, we make a difference so our doctors can make theirs. Join us Today!!
THE TEAM: Economics and Policy Analysis
The Specialist Services Committee (SSC), formed in 2006, is constituted under the Physician Master Agreement and is a partnership among Doctors of BC (formerly the BC Medical Association) and Government of British Columbia and BC’s Health Authorities.
The SSC’s primary focus is to collaborate with Specialist Physicians and partners to improve access to needed, evidenced-based, quality services to meet patients’ medical needs for optimum health outcomes.
THE JOB: Senior Administrative Assistant, Specialist Services Committee
Reporting to the Director, Specialist Services Committee, the Senior Administrative Assistant, Specialist Services Committee is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director and other team members of the Specialist Services Committee, and any related initiatives, projects and working groups.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Administrative and secretarial support for the Director and Specialist Services Committee Liaisons.
- Maintaining daily calendars, scheduling appointments and meetings, and preparing meeting materials in advance.
- Arranging travel and accommodation plans, registering for conferences and/or seminars and reconciling related expenses upon return.
- Composing correspondence, reports, briefing notes, PowerPoint presentations, and a variety of documents for information and decision-making.
- Reading correspondence and email enquiries, identifying priorities, and distributing as appropriate.
- Drafting correspondence, memos and briefing notes, where appropriate.
- Updating and maintaining the electronic filing systems and files.
- Processing invoices for payment by preparing cheque requisitions for approval and signature.
- Conducting informal research and consultation within Doctors of BC and externally into particular topics or issues, and synthesizing information.
- Other duties as required.
- Support team members regarding budgeting and expenditure tracking and reporting.
Provides administrative support to the Specialist Services Committee and related sub-committees and working groups by:
- Provide overall secretariat support to the committee, including liaising with and supporting the SSC co-chairs, and communicating with the members of the committee.
- Setting committee meeting agendas and preparing agenda package materials (photocopying, mailing, couriering, and emailing) relating to meetings and/or projects, for distribution to meeting participants.
- Taking minutes, maintaining accurate records, following-up on decisions made, and ensuring required action is initiated.
- Maintaining committee member lists and filing systems for committees.
- Handling or redirecting enquiries from doctors, hospitals, committee members, staff and the public in an efficient and courteous manner, providing explanations, direction and instructions.
- Composing and distributing correspondence to committee members.
- Scheduling on and offsite meetings with committee members and guests; booking rooms, A/V equipment, and catering requirements. Ensuring members and staff receive confirmation of the meeting and are advised of any changes or updated information regarding the meeting.
- Taking initiative in assisting, recommending, developing and maintaining office processes and infrastructure that supports effective communication strategies and collaboration both internal and external to the committees.
- Tracking and reporting of initiatives and progress towards achieving the SSC’s work plan and deliverables.
- Developing and managing contracts with local hotels for external meeting venues including room and AV bookings, catering requirements and any additional IT needs of the committee.
- Unlocking and preparing the meeting room in advance of the meeting and ensuring the room is tidy after adjournment.
- Preparing meeting attendance list and Honoraria claims list.
- Providing account information to members on various committees.
- In coordination with Shared Care Committee, administer the Physician Scholarship, which includes processing Scholarship requests, composing various correspondence, data entry, records management and processing payments.
- Work closely with colleagues across the JCCs to ensure coordination and alignment of administrative activities and processes.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Three to five years of related experience as a senior administrative assistant or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- High school graduation supplemented by post-secondary education such as business and secretarial courses
- Knowledge of administrative and committee functions and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to draft routine correspondence, and organize the administrative aspects of committees.
- Previous experience with transcribing minutes
- Excellent word processing, and computer skills including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving and diplomacy skills; commitment to quality and excellence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team player
Doctors of BC has just been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2019 by the editors of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers Project.
We were also named Canada’s #10 Top Employer by Great Place to Work for 2019’s Top 50 Employers in Canada!! Learn More Here!
Doctors of BC thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Doctors of BC celebrates diversity, challenges inequality and is committed to sustaining an inclusive and diverse community. We do not discriminate against any applicant regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, political beliefs and affiliations, family circumstances or other irrelevant distinction.
Administrative Health Care Non-profit