At Doctors of BC our vision is to promote a social, economic, and political climate in which members can provide the citizens of BC with the highest standard of health care, while achieving maximum professional satisfaction and fair economic reward.
Recognized for outstanding employee engagement and a 'high-trust' culture, it’s our people and the spirit they bring to the workplace that makes us such a Great Place to Work.
Together, we make a difference so our doctors can make theirs. Join us Today!
If interested in this role, please ensure you apply directly through the following link on our website/career portal:
THE TEAM: Engagement & Quality Improvement – Doctors Technology Office
The Doctors Technology Office (DTO), part of the Engagement & Quality Improvement (EQI) Department, is a program funded through the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC) to promote technology-enabled clinical practice for physicians. The DTO advocates on behalf of and facilitates clinician engagement at a provincial level to ensure that there is a strong physician leadership voice in the design and implementation of Information Management and Information Technology (IM/IT) solutions for the health system, particularly those that impact clinical decision-making and clinical workflow. The DTO also provides supports to Primary Care Networks and individual clinics/physicians to assist them with best practices around use of technology in an office setting, privacy and security issues, and EMR technical and networking issues.
THE JOB: Senior Administrative Assistant, Doctors Technology Office (EQI)
The Senior Administrative Assistant, reports to and primarily provides administrative support to the Director of the Doctors Technology Office (DTO). In addition, the Senior Administrative Assistant will be a team player and contribute to supporting the administrative needs of the whole team on an as needed basis..
Provide general support to the Director (and coverage for other Administrative Assistants as needed)::
- Review incoming mail/phone calls and respond, process, or forward as appropriate.
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems for the above mentioned groups.
- Assist with booking travel arrangements and generating expense reports.
- Arrange and proactively manage the Director’s calendar and daily schedule in Outlook.
- Prepare correspondence for review and signtature by the Director.
- Coordinate face-to-face meetings, teleconferences, and WebEx events as needed.
- Prepare agendas and meeting materials for distribution to all attendees.
- Manage calendars for booking boardrooms and conference lines; book meeting room requests and send invitations to relevant stakeholders.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors for offsite meetings and/or events.
- Organize all arrangements for food, supplies, and equipment as needed and clean-up boardroom or meeting space after meetings.
- Manage requests for materials and printing of documents.
- Manage team meeting requests through DTO Admin calendar and work with DTO resources to plan individual meeting requests.
- Record, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes as needed; follow-up on decisions made and ensure required action is initiated.
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of minutes, WebEx recordings, agendas, or any other information as part of regular communications with all stakeholders.
- Process sessional forms to ensure physicians receive payments in a timely manner.
- Prepare cheque requisitions and expense forms for payment; process invoices for payment and troubleshoot invoice issues.
- Review team financial reports monthly and highlight any issues or discrepancies for action by the Director
- Input program specific information and assist in managing data using data capture systems such as CRM database (Maximizer or Dynamics), Excel, Visio and Word.
- Create, modify, and manage a variety of documents, templates, and forms.
- Support assigned projects and take initiative in developing appropriate tools to facilitate their effective organization and completion.
- Support orientation and training of new staff members
- Coordinate and facilitate team-building activities
Provide guidance and advice to members of the team on process, policies, and procedures
- High school graduation supplemented by business and secretarial courses equivalent to one year of study. Post-secondary education an asset.
- Five or more years of related experience as an administrative assistant or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clear command of the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders including physicians, medical office assistants, representatives from health authorities, and ministry groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work with well with others.
- Works well with or without supervision.
- Ability to accept and follow directions and seek feedback and guidance when unclear of expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate supervisor’s needs and ensure advance preparation of all arrangements and materials is essential.Thrives in a team environment with a strong customer service focus.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and diplomacy skills; commitment to quality and excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency.
- Ability to keyboard words and numbers at 60 WPM with minimal errors.
- Demonstrated file management ability, both paper and electronic.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a Windows-based operating system and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with a remote team is desired
- Some knowledge of MFiles, Microsoft Visio and Adobe products would be an asset.
- Experience with using virtual meeting tools such as Zoom and Webex would be an asset.Experience with SharePoint and Maximizer Customer Relationship software would be an asset.
Doctors of BC has just been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2019 by the editors of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers Project.
We were also named Canada’s #10 Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work for 2019’s Top 50 Employers in Canada!! Learn More Here!
Doctors of BC thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Doctors of BC celebrates diversity, challenges inequality and is committed to sustaining an inclusive and diverse community. We do not discriminate against any applicant regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, political beliefs and affiliations, family circumstances or other irrelevant distinction.