Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
Hootsuite is looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join the Finance team in our fast paced office located in Vancouver, BC. In this position, you will be the go-to person on the Accounts Payable team and play a part in the hyper-growth Hootsuite is experiencing.
You have a strong customer service focus on your internal stakeholders and a proven track record of success as part of an Accounts Payable team. With 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience, you are able to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
You are someone who takes pride in their work, gets the job done and has fun while doing so. You Have...
You’re Great At...
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Post-Secondary education
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience dealing with multiple global entities, currencies and tax
- Experience identifying improvements to current AP processes
- Time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Problem solving ability
- Processing and coding invoices and expense reports in multiple currencies
- Preparing payments including weekly cheque runs, wire and ACH payments
- Assisting with AP reporting, analytics and month-end accruals
- Performing month end procedures such as account and credit card reconciliations
- Communicating with various departments to obtain correct budget holder approvals
- Effectively managing payment terms in accordance with AP strategy
- Creating workflows to enhance efficiency of accounts payable process
- Regularly collaborating with tax, accounting, and forecasting, planning and analysis teams on relevant issues and special projects
- Assisting with internal and external audit requests
- Other duties, as required
- Experience with Netsuite, Certify, Zendesk and/or Procurify
- Experience with PO systems
- Accounting background