About the Position:
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic candidate to join MdGB Capital as a Senior Accountant. This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual to grow and add value to a supportive, expanding real estate portfolio.
As a Senior Accountant, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Preparing industry specific monthly management report for all real estate assets
- Creating and managing models for new and existing real estate and development opportunities
- Working closely with third-party property managers, reviewing and monitoring annual budgets and discussing the activities to ensure on track and high-quality services are provided to tenants
- Traditional accounting and financial reporting functions, such as prepare month-end close procedures, prepare journal entries for accruals, intercompany activity, and other activities as required during the month
- Preparing annual financial statements, tax return and related filing
- Undertaking detailed review of third-party appraisals
- Reviewing property tax assessments and directing appeals, as required
- Reviewing insurance reporting and claims, as necessary
- Assisting with acquisition due diligence activities including review of financial data, lease reviews and abstracts, and review of third-party reports
- Assisting with property dispositions
- Assisting with other projects, such as monthly payroll
Required Skills & Qualification:
- Must be a designated CPA professional
- Minimum of 3-5-year accounting experience, preference will be given to individuals with commercial real estate industry/accounting experience
- Familiarity with QuickBooks online
- Excellent computer skills with a proficiency in all Microsoft Office program
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and collaborative with proven results
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize/manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a demanding work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm and genuine passion for real estate
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic and fun-loving work environment which will enable you to grow and enhance your accounting experience and career.
Salary will be based on experience.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, we want to keep the safety of our employees and interested candidates top of mind. Over the next few weeks, we will continue to conduct interviews for all posted opportunities via phone and video conference.
While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.
- Extended health and dental care
- On-site parking
- Education reimbursement