Diverse and well-rounded Senior Accountant role with a growing group of publicly-listed mineral exploration companies headquartered right here in Vancouver. Right-hand to the Controller.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a group of publicly-listed mineral exploration companies (various metals, well-diversified, several countries). The group has a tightknit accounting & finance team and impressive leadership who are aligned with achieving value for shareholders. It is an exciting place to work as the group always has growth plans and interesting transactions happening.
What- the Role:
The Controller is seeking a “right-hand” SeniorAccountant who will take on a variety of full-cycle accounting responsibilities for three junior mining companies. For example, the Accountant will prepare journal entries, manage AR and AP functions, support month/quarter/year-end financial reporting, prepare working papers, assist with a variety of process improvement projects and financial system optimization, reconcile general ledger accounts, etc. This company has a close-knit team with a “we’re all in this together” approach to the work. This is a great opportunity for a senior level accounting professional who loves variety and wearing many hats! Newly created role due to continued business growth.
Who- the Candidate:
- CPA designation or CPA candidacy is preferred but not required.
- Full-cycle accounting skills, including knowledge of IFRS.
- Multi-entity accounting experience.
- Public company experience is highly preferred, but not necessarily required for a very quick learner.
- Experience in the mining sector is an asset, but not at all required for someone who is bright and eager to learn.
- Public practice training is beneficial, but not necessarily required.
- Systems savvy and eager to learn and master new software and tools. This company primarily uses QuickBooks and Excel.
- We are seeking a well-rounded Senior Accountant who is hands-on but who can also see the big picture.
- Qualified candidates for this role will be quick learners with an upbeat attitude and a willingness to help in a variety of areas.
- Detail oriented, organized, and highly accurate.
The company is based out of a corporate office in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The company is following careful Covid-19 physical distancing protocols.
Base salary commensurate with accounting experience and skills, as well as a stock option plan, benefits and PD support- please discuss with Swim.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this fantastic Senior Accountant opportunity, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance