Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for an accomplished Senior Accountant for an establish publicly traded leader in the healthcare sector for a 6 month interim consulting engagement. This position will report to the Manager, Finance and will be based in Vancouver, BC with the option to work remotely or from a beautiful modern office with fantastic amenities.
- Performs full-cycle accounting and month-end close activities (including AR, AP, intercompany transactions, journal entries, account reconciliations, multi-currency accounting, consolidations, etc.)
- Proactively assesses and identifies areas for process improvements and efficient workflows while ensuring adequate internal controls
- Provides accounting support to other groups within the company (including Business Development, Project Management, Financial Planning & Analysis, etc.)
- Assists with the review of invoices, expense reports, and credit card reconciliations for appropriate coding and adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Prepares audit working papers and liaises with Financial Reporting group and external auditors
- Assists in ad-hoc projects and provides coverage of other team member tasks as required
- Supports ERP (Tier 1) implementation project (ie. assists with testing and provides go-live support to various stakeholders)
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees and management
- Professional accounting designation in good standing and a minimum of 5 years of accounting and/or public practice experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Experience with full-cycle accounting, financial statement preparation, and month-end/year-end
- Experience working in a SOX 404 environment (maintaining process documentation, compliance with internal controls etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), especially around pharmaceutical product costing
- Experience working in a Tier 1ERP environment required; knowledge of NetSuite is an asset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain