Excel Personnel has been retained by our Kamloops client to recruit their next 1 – 2 Senior Accountants for a 3 month term that could lead longer.
Are you looking for a chance to be part of something big, something meaningful, something important? How about keeping our client’s vital transportation infrastructure —roads, highways and bridges — safe for B.C. families and businesses!
Salary will be commensurate with experience and could be $36.00 - $55.00 per hour. Are you seeking your next contract, then lets talk.
WHAT Is Required
- Ability to efficiently perform full cycle accounting and month-end tasks for the construction entities within our client company utilizing the Timberline Software or be a quick learner to pick up the system
- Assist in the yearly budget process for clients group of companies
- Prepare and update rolling monthly cash flow analysis
- Continuously monitor budget to actual for variances, identifying trends and recommending actions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while working to tight deadlines
- Work effectively with construction operations in developing efficient processes and procedures for timely capture of data and information
- Prepare monthly inventory reconciliation
- Preparation and filing of periodic government returns including GST, PST and Work Safe BC.
- Process, prepare allocations, and bill inter-company transactions and reconciliations
You will receive mentorship, guidance and opportunities to enhance your finance and accounting skills in a diversified, fast-paced construction environment. You will work with other highly experienced professionals and be part of a team dedicated to providing value added services to all operations groups and building on a track record of success.
WHAT YOU Should BRING
- Bachelor of Business Degree or Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
- Four to five (4-5) years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred; candidates in the final stages of their CPA will be considered
- Exceptional Excel Skills including pivot tables and formulas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Industry experience in construction/manufacturing would be an asset
In this role you will be a valued member of our client company, working in a permanent, full-time position of Senior Accountant on a three month contract, reporting to the Controller. The seasonality of the business will require you to understand the cycles and plan accordingly. This role will be responsible for performing full cycle accounting and month-end tasks for the construction entities within our client company; including preparation of required accounting entries, account reconciliations, assisting with monthly financial statement preparation, cash flow forecasts and variance analysis. Your base location will be Kamloops, BC and may require some travel throughout our great province.
- To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format at www.excel.bc.ca and upload your resume directly to the job www.excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/4845 so our recruiters can view your interest. Contact Karen Watt TF: 1-877-374-3853 or 250-374-3853 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.