Fantastic senior-level accounting job with a great Vancouver employer. Great opportunity for a CPA who wants to work in a professional environment within a fulfilling and challenging role yet still achieve good work-life balance. Strong technical accounting skills are required, particularly within IFRS reporting.
Who - the Company:
Our client is a reputable and very well-managed company with around 800 employees. It’s a company that promotes an innovative, passionate, and values-based work culture, as well as good work-life balance.
What- the Opportunity:
The new Senior Accountant, Financial Reportingwill report directly into a Manager, Financial Reporting and work closely with another Senior Accountant, as well as Accountants and Auditors. This is a business role requiring excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to build solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a full job description.
The Senior Accountant will have diverse responsibilities including:
- Financial reporting related to financial instruments
- Regulatory reporting
- Treasury accounting
- Process improvement projects
- Automation and financial system optimization
- Canadian corporate tax (previous tax experience is an asset, but not required)
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for accounting professionals who are self-motivated and who are able to work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong technical skills in IFRS, particularly within IFRS 9 (financial instruments).
- At least 4 years’ relevant accounting experience (public practice and/or industry).
- CPA accounting designation is pretty much required, with some exceptions.
- Training in public practice is highly preferred.
- Experience with Canadian corporate tax is an asset but not required.
- Financial Services / Financial Industry experience is an asset, for example audits of treasury, investments, lending, payments processing, etc. (in-house or from public practice client portfolio)
- Systems savvy with ability to learn new finance systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), along with solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Vancouver, BC. Located in a vibrant part of town close to plenty of amenities.
Base salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits and 4 weeks vacation. Please discuss further with Swim.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving extremely quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.