Excellent full-time consulting opportunity for a technically strong Accountant who is keen to work for a significant global public company headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Prior public company corporate reporting experience highly preferred (multinational, multicurrency, multi-entity, highly complex).
Who- the Company:
Our client is a significant global public company headquartered in Vancouver. The company is well-established, and in the last decade they have created several new subsidiary public companies, formed a few joint ventures, bought and sold entities, and have diversified their business operations, all while remaining a leader in their primary industry. They have a reputation in Vancouver and beyond for hiring top talent, and for providing their employees with interesting and challenging work in a positive and professional environment. Swim Recruiting has been engaged to aid with this important search.
What- the Opportunity:
Senior Accountant, Corporate Reporting- this role will be contract running from “as soon as possible” until end of January 2021, with opportunity for extension and/or for consideration for relevant permanent roles which may open up in the accounting & finance department. Swim Recruiting can shed more light on this, as we have placed well over a dozen people on contract with this company in the past and most of them have been extended and/or converted to permanent.
The Senior Accountant will support a variety of accounting projects, including the wind down of a significant public entity. Duties will include assisting with quarterly and year end close processes, supporting the year-end audit, completing SEC reports, completing XBRL filings, and generally contributing to high quality and efficient intercompany corporate reporting.
The Senior Accountant will report into an accomplished Director of Accounting. This is a challenging and interesting role and a great way to get to know the ins & outs of a complex global public company. Open to candidates on an open work visa in Canada (with at least 6 months left on the work visa). Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a more thorough job description.
Who- the Candidate Qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary education in accounting is required. CPA accounting designation (or International equivalent) is highly preferred- almost required!
- Experience using a sophisticated ERP system- such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics AX, etc.- is required.
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- At least 5 years progressive experience in accounting & finance.
- Public company reporting (XBRL filing, SEC reporting, etc.) is likely required. If no pub.co. experience, qualified candidates will have worked for large, high complex, multi-entity, and multinational private companies.
- Experience with US GAAP is strongly preferred, but not necessarily required for a quick learner with strong technical accounting skills in IFRS.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and accurate, with strong research capabilities.
- Top-notch communication skills (verbal and written) are important- ability to communicate effectively with individuals in a variety of departments and business units.
Initial training will likely take place in the company’s beautiful headquarters in the heart of downtown Vancouver, with Covid-19 physical distancing and safety measures in place. After training, the consultant will likely work from home full-time, but will have the option to work from the office if preferred.
Generous hourly consulting rate commensurate with experience and skills- please discuss further with Swim Recruiting.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this full-time consulting opportunity with a high-profile Vancouver corporation, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!