Express Employment Professionals Cloverdale/Langley offices client: a locally owned and operated environmental services company needs a Senior Accountant due to unprecedented growth.
As the Senior Accountant you will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties, including financial statements prepared in accordance GAAP, monitoring and enforcing financial controls and policies, complex reconciliations, and variance analysis. In this role, you will provide accounting and analytic support to the President and GM.
• CPA or Equivalent
• Accounting Diploma with combined experience
• Accounting and Financial Accounting 1& 2 Courses with combined experience
• A minimum of 10 years previous related experience
• Sage and QuickBooks Certified or 5 years’ experience using both accounting software.
• Advanced MS365 Skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong ability to multi-task: set priorities and meet tight deadlines
• Work independently and productively
• Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
• Prepares monthly PST Reports and File PST.
• Prepare Quarterly GST Reports and File GST.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Quarterly intercompany analysis and rollup.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Credit Card reconciliations.
• Journal entries to record investment purchases, sales, accrued interest, amortization, dividends, and other financial transactions.
• Month End.
• Assists with year-end audit requirements and prepares annual audit and tax working papers and supporting documents.
• Participates in the development of the annual Finance budget by analyzing historical costs, forecasting future requirements, recommending capital purchases, and providing support to department managers during the budget process.
• Performs other assigned duties related to the provision of supervisory leadership, accounting services and/or administrative support which do not affect the rating of the job.
#81 - Wealthsimple - Developing an Engineering Career in FinTech
About Express Employment Professionals
As a full-service staffing company, Express Employment Professionals provide cost-effective solutions to assist client companies with their staffing needs, helping their business meet its bottom-li...Read More