Express Employment Professionals Cloverdale/Langley offices client, a locally owned water treatment company is seeking a long term senior account to fill a hole left by a promoted employee.
As the Senior Accountant you will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties, including financial statements prepared in accordance GAAP, monitoring and enforcing financial controls and policies, complex reconciliations, and variance analysis. In this role, you will provide accounting and analytic support to the President and GM.
- CPA or Equivalent
- Accounting Diploma with combined experience
- Accounting and Financial Accounting 1& 2 Courses with combined experience
- A minimum of 10 years previous related experience
- Sage and QuickBooks Certified or 5 years’ experience using both accounting software.
- Advanced MS365 Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task: set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Work independently and productively
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Prepares monthly PST Reports and File PST.
- Prepare Quarterly GST Reports and File GST.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Quarterly intercompany analysis and rollup.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Credit Card reconciliations.
- Journal entries to record investment purchases, sales, accrued interest, amortization, dividends, and other financial transactions.
- Month End.
- Assists with year-end audit requirements and prepares annual audit and tax working papers and supporting documents.
- Participates in the development of the annual Finance budget by analyzing historical costs, forecasting future requirements, recommending capital purchases, and providing support to department managers during the budget process.
- Performs other assigned duties related to the provision of supervisory leadership, accounting services and/or administrative support which do not affect the rating of the job.
If you are interested in this role, please call 604-575-8181 or email your resume to: Terry.Stewart@expresspros.com
Accounting Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance