Senior Accountant (7 month contract position) for a global public company, amazing culture, complex work and a great team! Great opportunity for someone out of public practice looking to gain some great experience with a public complex and supportive company.
Who- the Company:
Global public company with a fantastic culture! This company has an amazing campus in normal times with interesting work, amazing fun projects and a great team.
What- the Role:
Reporting to a great Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will have a broad range of responsibilities involving many aspects of the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes for North America; assisting as well as having the opportunity to lead Corporate Accounting projects; and the development of process efficiencies.
This company is going through some exciting times!!! They just completed 3 acquisitions. This role involves FX balance sheet hedging, contract review, advising the business, lease accounting and Canada support for accounting and north American exposure.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performing close activities including, but not limited to:
- Journal entry preparation for complex, high profile transactions;
- Review and preparation of reconciliations;
- Overseeing and coordinating aspects of the close calendar; and
- Preparing and reporting on close schedules to the Controllership team including presenting key aspects of the balance sheet.
- Provide accounting and general ledger business partner support; act as a liaison to selected business groups across finance (i.e., FPA, SEC reporting, Revenue, AR, etc.)
- Develop and maintain External Audit and SOX documentation as it relates to the role. Further, act as liaison between external auditors and business partners during quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Identify process improvements with emphasis on streamlining and/or improving controls within accounting. Further striving for Global Standardization.
- Conduct quarterly business unit balance sheet reviews.
- Produce standard and ad-hoc reporting to analyze trends vs. prior quarter and prior year for the statement of operations and the balance sheet.
- Prepare memos/whitepapers on accounting issues as required.
- Facilitates the compilation of balance sheet FX hedging forecasts to Treasury and performs analytics to bridge forecast to actuals.
- Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., globally aligning accounting practices, improving documentation, building more robust analytical reporting).
Who- the Candidate:
What you need:
Technical skills and experience
The following skills are necessary to be successful in this position:
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- 4-5 years relevant financial accounting experience
- Ability to effectively coordinate with Global teams (including offshore teams) and obtain desired results in a timely manner a plus.
- CPA preferred
- Relevant experience supporting public companies in public practice highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle R12 and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail and accountability for own work and the work of others
- Strong business acumen
- Passion for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment
- Strives for excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; polished professional; communicates with impact
- Able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Rapid learner
- Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented
- Thinks outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency
- Is a team player, adept at building relationships within Finance and across organizations
- Views challenges as opportunities
Remote for now but typically Burnaby near Vancouver, BC
Competitive base salary commensurate with level of relevant experience and skills- please discuss with Swim.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this Senior Accountant position, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible! Confidentiality of currently employed candidates will be highly respected. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.