At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
You will work on a variety of clients in various industries, including public companies, private companies, government and not-for-profit organizations. Your engagement team of Staff Accountants will look to you for guidance and mentoring in the execution of their audit responsibilities. You will proactively identify potential issues and seek out help and assistance from the team to develop solutions. Working as a team player, you will take ownership for your work, and foster an approach aligned with our philosophy of client service excellence. Working with the management team and the partners, you will contribute to the development and execution of the financial statement audit of assigned engagements, applying KPMG's Audit Methodology. What you will do
Our teams of professionals help our clients' manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance. As a Senior Accountant you will be required to:
- Conduct external and internal financial statement audits for both public and private companies
- Leadership of field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Perform analysis of complex accounting issues.
- Perform financial and systems analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
As an Audit professional, you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations. Our Enterprise industry group works closely with privately owned companies in various industries that are not publicly accountable.
JAS_23 What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- You have your CPA designation and a desire to work with a variety of businesses.
- You have 3 - 5 years of experience conducting audits, preparing financial statements, and leading audit teams.
- You have shown that you can establish and maintain strong client relationships and that you can understand the clients' business.
- You have excellent project management, written and verbal communication skills, are a strong team player and are desirous of learning.
- You have demonstrated experience effectively monitoring multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines and budget.
- You have excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
- You are dedicated and motivated to achieve high standards of client service and are professional in the performance of duties.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.