Vancouver, BC Term:
Winter 2017 Duration:
4 months, with a possibility of extension to 8 months
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2011-2012), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014), and Deloitte's list of the 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2011-2014).
With over 370 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
We are growing our team and are looking for energetic and easy going people who are interested in expanding their Security acumen while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working in a team setting.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies, love the modern web and have an interest in information security! Role Responsibilities:
- Identification of security vulnerabilities using various software tools and scripts
- Analysis of issues in order to determine remediation
- Remediation of security vulnerabilities by updating or removing software
- Verification that remediation activities are successful
- Execution and analysis of Security scans
- Deployment and management of security protection tools
- Maintenance and execution of scripts
- Documentation of identification, analysis, remediation and verification on the company’s WIKI
- Desire to understand security vulnerability management and related methodologies such as CVSS (common vulnerability scoring system)
- A basic understanding of system administration; Linux and open source software skills are particularly valuable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of the Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of modern system administration
- Previous exposure to security concepts and vulnerability testing
- Domain knowledge specific to Linux, Windows and Mac operating system administration
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter, resume, and university transcripts in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.