Lower Mainland (LM) Integrated Protection Services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a consolidation and integration of our collective strengths in Security/Protection, Parking & Transportation Demand, Photo Identification (ID) and Access Control programs. We employ individuals in locations across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast.
This position falls under the area of Security Specialist
. Security Specialist creates and maintains secure and accessible environments using the best practices and through excellence in related contract management, systems/technology design/management, security/prevention and management of aggressive behavior risk/management, investigations, education/training/orientations, data analysis/metrics, acute, residential and community/leased operations management support, and criminal justice management liaison.Build on your career experience as you
To be the successful candidate, you will have
- Implement, coordinate and evaluate the day to day protection/security activities.
- Perform a variety of functions such as implementing corporate protection, security, loss prevention, emergency event support and investigation policies and procedures.
- Liaise with other security contractors in safeguarding and maintenance of a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff for the assigned location.
- Grade 12 plus Certificate and/or specialized training in protection/security services, fire safety, first aid and/or the management of aggressive behaviour.
- Three (3) years' recent related experience in protection services or security in a large institutional or campus environment and/or a large complex multi-site health care organization.
This regular full-time position is based at our Central City offices in Surrey, BC, with access to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants, on-site gym and other amenities.
Posted: November 19, 2017
Closes:December 18, 2017