Job Skills / Requirements ABOUT US
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference
starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! We offer job stable positions and lots of career advancement opportunities, including free training, security licensing, and promotion from within. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!POSITION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of Paladin business within the assigned portfolio. This includes not only being a tiered point of client contact, but also managing the security team that works within the portfolio. The Security Programs Manager will be reporting to Client Service Manager and manage security staff to ensure that everyone's needs are met.TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Develops and maintains excellent relationships with Client Service Manager and the clients in the portfolio.Performs interviews and meets all new staff being considered for sites within the portfolio.Ensures all staff within his/her portfolio has adequate training based on industry, corporate and client standards.Provides motivational and disciplinary discussions with all staff assigned within the portfolio as needed.Ensures all sites have up to date and complete Site Orders both in hard copy on site and in digital copy on the network server.Performs evaluations of staff assigned to sites on an as needed basis and in accordance with company policies.Ensures that there are thorough Site Training and Employee Orientation programs in place at all sites within the portfolio and that all newly-assigned staff demonstrates competence on site.Ensures that there are adequate numbers of trained security staff to meet all of Paladin's contractual obligations within the portfolio of business.Develops and maintains frequent security evaluations of client facilities and ensures appropriate recommendations are made to Client Service Manager and so that clients security needs are met.Communicates appropriate information to Operations / Field Operations Supervisors as needed to ensure that any outstanding issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.Monitors Incident Reports and takes appropriate action on the reports that are related to sites within the portfolio.Remains on-call to act as an after-hours resource for emergencies.Reports regularly to the Client Service Manager on matters of company or client interest or significant events.Develops and promotes Paladin's business where possible in a professional and positive manner.Ensures that all services provided by staff assigned within the portfolio are delivered in accordance with the client's wishes and best interests and in accordance with Paladin's Code of Ethics.Responds to communications from clients or staff in a timely manner.Performs other duties as requested to assist with corporate and/or branch needs. QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience
- Successful applicant must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity, preferably in a Security setting, or a combination of experience and relevant experience and education.
- Applicants must also have a valid class 5 driver's license and a vehicle that will be used for work purposes.
- A diploma in Security Management, Criminology or related discipline would be an asset.
- The successful applicant will be willing to join industry professional associations and have a desire to learn through professional certification processes.
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and manage people.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to groups.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Application Deadline: October 06, 2022 at 17:00 hours
How to Apply: Applicants must apply online through the Paladin Employee Resource Centre by the above noted deadline. Only shortlisted applicants will receive interviews and they will be conducted as soon as possible following the receipt of each application.
Additional Information / Benefits Benefits: Medical Insurance
Law Enforcement and Security Management and Executive