Vancouver, BC Term:
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2011-2012), Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013-2014), and Deloitte's list of the 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2011-2014).
With over 370 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
Global Relay is looking for a Security Operator, who will help to provide and support a suite of security services to our worldwide clients. The successful candidate will respond to security threats and vulnerabilities, using incident management and request fulfillment processes in line with operational objectives. Role Responsibilities:
- Provide first level support; monitor alerts, handle incidents and service requests
- Register and classify received incidents and service requests
- Undertake an immediate effort to restore failed IT services as quickly as possible
- Escalate incidents and service requests to the appropriate resource
- Execute time-sensitive operational tasks as defined in a task list
- Create scheduled and ad-hoc reports using MS Office and specialized log monitoring applications
- Manage tickets and updating staff and clients on the status of their incidents and service requests at agreed intervals
- Undergo ongoing training and certification to maintain technical skills at the highest level
- Participate in a 24x7 shift rotation
- Previous experience with ITIL-based incident management, change management and service request processes which utilize an internal ticketing system
- Solid experience working with Internet and network technologies; specifically TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS and FTP; any other Internet and network technologies would be an asset
- Good understanding of and exposure to security tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, A/V, anti-spam, content management, server and network device hardening, etc.
- Working knowledge of security incident and event management systems such as HP ArcSight
- Proven competence with using MS Office and other desktop applications
- Previous experience in maintaining and troubleshooting day-to-day operational processes, such as report generation, data verification and data correlation
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to follow processes, multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- An ideal candidate would also possess the following:
- Passion for customer satisfaction and responsiveness
- Methodical and creative approach to problem-solving
- Recognized security industry certification
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.