Security Officers (No Experience Necessary)
Reference ID: 277244
Law Enforcement and Security
Are you looking for a flexible, rewarding job with opportunities for growth in an industry-leading company? Paladin Security is one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the security industry, with a reputation for being an employer of choice. We have been selected as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 3 years in a row, one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and one of the Best Places to Work in Canada based on employee reviews. We continue to lead the way in the Security Industry by hiring the best and brightest and supporting them in their positions with extensive paid training, rewards and recognition, and mentorship and career growth opportunities.
We are currently looking for entry level Security Officers to join our growing team in Victoria. No experience is required, as Paladin will provide all training to successful applicants, including the Basic Security Training.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Provide specialized security services in a professional manner according to client need.
- Patrol client properties by foot, bicycle or vehicle to ensure the safety of persons and property.
- Follow and enforce rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Control access to properties and remove trespassers from sites.
- Watch for and report irregularities including security breaches, safety hazards and emergencies, and contact appropriate personnel and emergency responders.
- Provide exceptional customer service and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Utilize radios, handheld devices and computer applications to communicate site activity.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills, including working under pressure.
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
- Ability to pass a security clearance.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Flexible availability including weekends and graveyard shifts.
- Must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma.
- Basic Security Training and a valid security licence are considered assets.
Education Requirements (Any)
Minimum High School Education
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Posted: February 14, 2018
Closes:March 23, 2018