Security Officers (No Experience Necessary) - FT/PT - $15-16/hr
Reference ID: 345333
Why Work With Us?
- Paladin Security was established in 1976 and from our modest beginnings of four employees and one contract, we have grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. Our continued growth means better opportunities and job security for you!
- We have been selected as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 6 years in a row. The support our staff receive from management is unparalleled in the industry and beyond.
- We have also been selected as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one the 25 Best Places to Work in Canada based on employee reviews. We take care of our staff, and for this reason our company culture and employee engagement is award-winning.
- We invest in our employees with extensive company paid training, rewards and recognition, employee perks and discounts and a a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, dental and life insurance coverage.
- We promote from within, which means that many of our managers started as security officers and can better relate to their employees, and it means that there are unlimited career growth opportunities for you within the organization.
Job Skills / Requirements
Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Are you looking for a rewarding job in an industry-leading company with opportunity to grow? Perhaps you are an experienced Security Officer looking for a new opportunity with a fast-growing company, or an aspiring law enforcement professional looking to gain valuable experience to help you in your career. Maybe you have never considered working in security before, but you are passionate about customer service and safety and are willing to be trained.
We are currently accepting applications for full-time and part-time Security Officers to join our growing team in Victoria. We have something for everyone! There are day, afternoon and overnight positions available in various diverse sectors including shopping centres, tourism, concerts and events, office buildings, transitional homes and mobile patrols. The ideal applicant will be able to travel to various locations around Victoria and work all shifts including graveyards, but we can be flexible with schedules.
Basic Security Training and a valid BC Security Licence are considered assets but not required. For the right applicant, we will provide all required training and licensing including the Basic Security Training.
- Provide specialized security services in a professional manner according to client need.
- Patrol client properties by foot, bicycle or vehicle to ensure the safety of persons and property.
- Follow and enforce rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Control access to properties and remove trespassers from sites.
- Watch for and report irregularities including security breaches, safety hazards and emergencies, and contact appropriate personnel and emergency responders.
- Provide exceptional customer service and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Utilize radios, handheld devices and computer applications to communicate site activity.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills, including working under pressure.
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
- Ability to pass a security clearance.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Flexible availability including weekends and graveyard shifts.
- Must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma.
- Basic Security Training, a valid security licence and first aid training are considered assets.
Education Requirements (Any)
Minimum High School Education
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Posted: March 23, 2019
Closes: May 22, 2019