Security Officers in Nanaimo ($250 Hiring Bonus with Valid Security License)
Reference ID: 345335
Are you looking for a rewarding job in an industry-leading company with opportunity for growth? Paladin Security is one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the security industry, with a reputation for being an employer of choice. We have been selected as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 3 years in a row, one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and one of the Best Places to Work in Canada based on employee reviews. We invest in our employees with extensive paid training, rewards and recognition programs, and career growth opportunities.
We are currently looking for security officers in Nanaimo. There are day, afternoon, overnight and weekend shifts available. 1-2 years of security-related experience and a valid BC Security Licence are required.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Perform regular foot patrols to ensure personnel, building, and equipment security.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations.
- Contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance services as required.
- Sustain effective relationships with key. stakeholders and provide specialized security services through enforcing the sites rules and regulations.
- Write clear and concise reports including incident and liability reports.
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance as required.
- Utilize two way radios and computer applications to communicate site activities.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
- Security-related experience and a valid BC Security Licence are considered assets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills and able to work independently or within a team.
- A mature and positive attitude.
- A high level of professionalism.
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (mornings/afternoons/nights/weekends).
- Able to write comprehensive reports.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (All)
Valid Security Licence
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: March 23, 2019
Closes: May 22, 2019