Security Officer (OFA 2)
Vancouver – Burnaby border (Transit Accessible)
Emergency Communications Building
HOURS OF WORK/AVAILABILITY
Full time and casual – this includes afternoons and overnights.
JOB POSTING #
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide superior customer service to clients and general public.
- Provide access control and issue out passes as required.
- Surveillance of people, property, buildings and equipment.
- Conducts safe escorts of personnel on request, either inside or outside of the property.
- Patrols the grounds and property as scheduled, on foot.
- Act as a line of emergency response and provide first aid to all employees in a prompt, easy accessible and appropriate manner. OFA 2 certification is a requirement for this role.
- Monitor and log all deliveries.
- Manage the lost and found property department.
- Answers the reception phone and transfers calls to appropriate parties.
- Report all incidences to the site supervisor and provide investigation reports.
- All other duties assigned by the site supervisor and operations management.
The above duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Commissionaire. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
KEY QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- All applicants must be willing and be able to successfully pass an Enhanced Security Clearance through the VPD.
- Hold a valid BC Security License and Occupational First Aid Level 2.
- Have demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
- Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
- Intermediate computer skills would be an asset with proficiency in Microsoft Office, and other office equipment including faxes and photocopiers.
- Positive attitude with professional demeanour and strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail to fulfill job duties and incident report writing.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods and able to work in a range of weather conditions throughout shift including working indoors and outdoors.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please submit your resume and complete our online application at http://commissionaires.bc.ca/jobs-5/ofa2-security-officer-2/.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.