Security Officer in Nanaimo
Reference ID: 306271
Law Enforcement and Security
Why Work With Us?
- Paladin Security was established in 1976 and from our modest beginnings of four employees and one contract, we have grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. Our continued growth means better opportunities and job security for you!
- We have been selected as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 6 years in a row. The support our staff receive from management is unparalleled in the industry and beyond.
- We have also been selected as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one the 25 Best Places to Work in Canada based on employee reviews. We take care of our staff, and for this reason our company culture and employee engagement is award-winning.
- We invest in our employees with extensive company paid training, rewards and recognition, employee perks and discounts and a a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, dental and life insurance coverage.
- We promote from within, which means that many of our managers started as security officers and can better relate to their employees, and it means that there are unlimited career growth opportunities for you within the organization.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are currently looking for security officers in Nanaimo. There are day, afternoon, overnight and weekend shifts available. A Basic Security Training certificate or valid BC Security Licence is required.
- Perform regular foot patrols to ensure personnel, building, and equipment security.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations.
- Contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance services as required.
- Sustain effective relationships with key. stakeholders and provide specialized security services through enforcing the sites rules and regulations.
- Write clear and concise reports including incident and liability reports.
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance as required.
- Utilize two way radios and computer applications to communicate site activities.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
- Security-related experience and a valid BC Security Licence are considered assets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills and able to work independently or within a team.
- A mature and positive attitude.
- A high level of professionalism.
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (mornings/afternoons/nights/weekends).
- Able to write comprehensive reports.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (All)
Valid Security Licence
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: June 17, 2018
Closes: August 16, 2018