Under the general direction of the Manager, Security, this position is responsible for protecting patrons, staff, and assets to ensure the integrity of the gaming floor and company property by patrolling and monitoring the entire casino site, interior and exterior, as well as controlling access to keys and restricted areas; and other duties as assigned. Ensures adherence to the Company's policies and procedures, motivates, and leads by example and supports Great Canadian's learning environment while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members.
• Monitor, document, and report employee violations of CWK, GCGC, and/or BCLC policies and procedures to the Security Supervisor/Manager,
• Ensure the safety of employees and customers, while protecting company property and assets. Escorting armored car personnel, cash, guests, team members or change fills to ensure safety and security of people and assets.
• Monitor the casino to ensure no method or device is used that could affect the outcome of a game.
• Ensure entry to the casino is not granted to minors, intoxicated, excluded or self-excluded customers. Securing back-of-house access to authorized personnel only.
• Perform identification checks on suspected minors, excluded and self-excluded guests. Report breeches to the Security Supervisor/Manager and Surveillance offices. Performing identification checks and maintenance of records on all visitors as well as manage the distribution and collection of GPEB identification tags for employees.
• Provide crowd control and a visible presence. Conduct regular patrols of the interior and exterior of the property.
• Monitor all areas, the exterior of the facility and interior/administrative areas for unusual or suspicious persons, unattended children, hazards, or unsafe working conditions.
• Maintain confidentiality of all situations and correctly reporting on any issues to Security Managers.
• Monitor and document a variety of activities: interruptions of video recording, power failures; evacuations; incidents involving theft, found property or customer disputes.
• Designated Security Officers may be required to attend to First Aid incidents, after completing an Occupation First Aid course. The designation will be at the discretion of the Security Manager.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge of the casino premises (interior and exterior), including slot machines, exits, communication systems etc.
• Every team member must comply with all requirements of the Corporate Ethics & Conduct Manual and with all other corporate policies communicated to the employee through the Human Resources Policy Manual and its periodic updates
• Every team member will be familiarized with the business process documentation and internal control objectives related to their position, and how their job description aligns with specific internal control activities for which they are responsible.
• Adhering to all CWK, GCGC, BCLC and GPEB policies as they relate to functions of the position.
• Must have a completion of Gaming Security Officer (GSO) certificate.
• Any other duties as assigned or directed.
• Adheres to all procedures and/or controls in designated area of responsibility.
• Embodies GCGC customer service philosophy.
• Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
• Manages other initiatives as required.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required, post-secondary education an asset
• Completion of Gaming Security Officer (GSO) certificate
• Strong communication and public relations skills
• Second language an asset
• Previous experience or training in security an asset
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible with work schedule
• Exceptional organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities
• Good knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
• Certification in Occupational First Aid Level 2 an asset
• Must successfully pass a criminal and credit record check by the Gaming and Policy Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
• Must have Serving It Right certification, GSO certification
• A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence.
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest, and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Law Enforcement and Security