As one of BC's largest security organization, we provide comprehensive security solutions that integrate highly trained people and technology. We are looking for individuals with excellent communication skills and a positive 'can-do' attitude to provide superior customer service, security and protection for our client sites. As a frontline representative, you are a professional who takes pride in your dress and deportment. You can learn more about us by viewing our website at: www.commissionaires.bc.ca.
The experience gained in security will prepare you for careers in law enforcement.
Title: Security Officer
Location: Castlegar, B.C.
Hours of Work: Part time
Posted: Until filled
• Provide superior customer service to clients and general public.
• Conduct security patrols of assigned buildings and provide access control.
• Proactively respond and resolve emergency situations and conflicts.
• Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures.
• Clearly write daily logs and reports of all incidents.
• Effectively communication problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor.
• Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities.
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of and perform all duties with high safety standards.
KEY QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• For clearances purposes, applicants must have the ability to obtain clearances to the Secret Level.
• Hold a valid BC Security License and Occupational First Aid Level 1 or be willing to complete training and testing.
• Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
• Have demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
• Positive attitude with professional demeanour and strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
• Excellent attention to detail to fulfill job duties and incident report writing.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience working with computers plus other office equipment such as fax and photocopiers preferred.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job by being able to stand and / or sit for long periods of time; climb long flights of stairs; walk on uneven ground; and frequently get in and out of a vehicle.
• Valid BC Driver's license is an asset.
• Minimum 19 years of age, High School diploma, and good physical health.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please forward your resume detailing your relevant background quoting “Castlegar Security” in the subject line to Kirsten Breau, Human Resources Generalist email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Commissionaires BC & Kinetic Security
When you work for Commissionaires BC, you are joining a team of professionals who are known for delivering premium security guard services. We are a private not–for–profit Canadian company, in busi...