Job Skills / Requirements Please note that all interviews are being conducted remotely at this time, via phone and/or video chat.
Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Are you looking for a rewarding job in an industry-leading company with opportunity to grow? Perhaps you are an experienced Security Officer looking for a new opportunity with a fast-growing company, or an aspiring law enforcement professional looking to gain valuable experience to help you in your career. Maybe you have never considered working in security before, but you are passionate about customer service and safety and are willing to be trained.
We are currently accepting applications for full-time, part-time and casual/on-call Security Officers to join our growing team in Victoria. We have something for everyone! There are day, afternoon and overnight positions available in various diverse sectors including:
-concerts and events
The ideal applicant will be able to travel to various locations around Victoria and work all shifts including graveyards, but we can be flexible with schedules.
Basic Security Training and a valid BC Security Licence are considered assets but not required. For the right applicant, we will provide all required training and licensing including the Basic Security Training.
- Provide specialized security services in a professional manner according to client need.
- Patrol client properties by foot, bicycle or vehicle to ensure the safety of persons and property.
- Follow and enforce rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Control access to properties and remove trespassers from sites.
- Watch for and report irregularities including security breaches, safety hazards and emergencies, and contact appropriate personnel and emergency responders.
- Provide exceptional customer service and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Utilize radios, handheld devices and computer applications to communicate site activity.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills, including working under pressure.
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
- Ability to pass a security clearance.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Flexible availability including weekends and graveyard shifts.
- Must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma.
- Basic Security Training, a valid security licence and first aid training are considered assets. Our Security Officers must pass a criminal background check and hold a valid BC Security License. Paladin provides these for our employees at no cost, along with extensive training including BST, OFA1, and much more!
Education Requirements (Any)
Minimum High School Education
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security