The Tactical Mobile Unit (TMU) is responsible for fulfilling all aspects of the a high profile Security Program from performing physical security presence, surveillance, technical analysis, and other administrative tasks. Tactical Mobile Operations (TMO) is an elite team of tactically minded individuals whose main objective is the prevention and elimination of criminal activity in the Lower Mainland, Metro Vancouver and beyond.
As a Mobile Tactical Unit team member, you'll gain experience in many different proactive crime prevention program methods, including video surveillance, emergency response, and surveillance operations across the Lower Mainland. The TMO team is a unique team within Paladin Security, and this challenging role directly translates into advancing your career in the security industry. This position requires that all Officers be prepared to provide an exceptional level of customer service and support to both the client's internal and external stakeholders, as well as other Paladin employees.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Conduct regular patrols and surveillance of all client facilities, and provide access control as needed. Grant or deny access based on established protocol.
- Efficient alarm responses to client facilities within designated time frames. - Respond to accident calls and emergencies. Escalate problems that cannot be resolved by yourself. Report any issues, with full details to the Security Command Centre in a timely manner. Dispatch and work with first responders (Police/Fire/ Ambulance).
- Write thorough, detailed incident reports for security incidents or damaged properties that occur during shift. - Build rapport with surrounding businesses to heighten the level of security.
- Provide preliminary technical analysis to help troubleshoot security systems.
- Maintain a good rapport with all Paladin employees and client staff, while being cognizant of the confidential information being handled as well as being vigilant to potential intruders.
- Lead the team of static Security Officers deployed at client facilities, and troubleshoot any issues (ex. short notice book offs, sick leave, etc.).
- Handle all incidents in a professional and calm demeanor.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by client and Paladin personnel.
- Minimum of two years experience as a Security Officer
- Open availability, as our team works on 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License and clean abstract
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
- Exceptional customer service, professionalism, and communication, both verbally and written.
- Experience in handcuff training/use and self-defense is an asset. Advanced Security Training is preferred, but training will be provided to successful candidates.
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification is preferred, but training will be provided to successful candidates.
- PSSP Certificate is required, but training will be provided to successful candidates.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced and potentially stressful environment, and prioritize based on the severity of the issue.
Certification Requirements (All)
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
This is a Full and Part-Time