Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Traffic and pedestrian control at vital site access points allowing or denying people and products access to the property; Vehicle and bag searches.
- Monitoring the environment for safety infractions or hazards
- Patrol assigned area on foot or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, data integrity, and accurate records; respond to inquiries and request for information in an appropriate manner.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
- Maintains organizations stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
- Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Respond to wildlife calls when risk to workers is present.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
- Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Adapt to a variety of environmental factors and extreme weather conditions while performing exterior patrols.
- Demanding physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time or more than 20km/day
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work effectively unsupervised.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in an emergency.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work a 7 on and 7off rotation.
- Must be bondable and able to pass a security clearance and drug and alcohol test.
- High School Diploma.
- Must be 19 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in the Province.
- Basic Security Training would be considered an asset.
- Must have a Class 5- Unrestricted Drivers License with the ability to produce a satisfactory Drivers Abstract.
Lodging and meals will be provided.
Transportation will be provided to and from the site from various nearby towns in Northern BC
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (All)
Valid BC Security Licence
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Site Supervisor
This is a Full-Time
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security