Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security's Patient Watch Officers are responsible for providing a superior level of customer service and professionalism, while maintaining safety and security, and confidentiality of patient information. Patient Watch Officers are utilized in hospitals throughout Metro Vancouver, for all shifts (24/7/365). We are looking for Security Officers who are available for a variety of on-call shifts, primarily overnight, with ability to travel to nearby hospitals as requested.
Job Skills / Requirements YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY:
YOU'RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Carefully monitor high risk patients, perform asset protection, and provide a safe environment.
- Maintain constant visual of them and their surroundings, as required.
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing investigations and incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing direction on site, responding to emergency situations involving aggressive individuals and injuries.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Back-up patrol, as needed.
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Will follow, and enforce safety codes, college regulations, and procedures.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Can handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Are comfortable with moderate physical activity including standing, sitting and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Hold a valid BC Security Worker's License or be willing to undergo the process with help from our team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends).
- Must be at least 19 years old with eligibility to work in Canada
- PVPC, MOAB, ATR/HUFT and First Aid certificates would be considered an asset, however training will be provided.
- Previous security and/or customer service experience would be considered a definite asset.
- Candidates that possess educational credentials in Criminology/related disciplines and have flexible availability for shifts will be prioritized.
All our Officers are required to carry a valid Security License. We also provide the Basic Security Training to those who have not been through the course previously.
Please note that all interviews are being conducted remotely at this time, via phone and/or video chat.LET'S GET STARTED!
This is a Full and Part-Time
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security