Please note that interviews are currently being conducted remotely via phone and/or video chat.
Do you have a passion to help people? We seeking ambassadors who want to make a difference in their community by working in a healthcare environment.
Paladin Security provides support and assistance to clinical staff in healthcare facilities all over BC. We are deployed to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and visitors, which requires superior listening and problem-solving skills. Our participation in the operations of these facilities is directly involved in delivering excellent patient care daily, which in turn provides a rewarding experience and fulfilling career for our Healthcare Security Officers.
In addition to ensuring safety and security, our Officers gain comprehensive experience in patient care, violence prevention / mitigation, and de-escalation tactics, and many go on to careers in nursing, social work, and law enforcement, as they are working alongside these professionals every day, learning the essential skills required to succeed in this field.
While every day in a hospital is different, regular duties of a Healthcare Security Officer may involve:
- Daily briefings with Clinical Leads to discuss patient care, discharge plans, etc.
- Helping visitors find their way around the hospital
- Providing first aid to medical incidents occurring on site
- De-escalating high stress situations, involving people experiencing trauma
- Performing regular audits of panic alarms, CCTV functionality, and fire extinguishers
- Responding to ‘missing person' reports, fire alarms, bomb threats, incidents of aggression, etc.
- Writing detailed incident reports, while maintaining confidentiality of patient information
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Strong de-escalation abilities and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and make decisions under pressure
- Confidence in multi-tasking and prioritizing during fast-paced situations
- Professional demeanor and deportment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information
- Ability to pass a security clearance and obtain a BC Security License
- Physical ability to perform the job duties, including walking up to 15km in an 8-hour shift, assisting clinical staff in the restraint of patients (lifting, holding), and patrolling up and down stairwells
Paladin Security provides extensive training for all our Officers at no cost. In addition to basic security training, we provide courses for managing aggressive behavior, dealing with people with mental health issues, conflict resolution, and more, so no experience is required to apply!
About Paladin Security
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offerin...Read More