Job Skills / Requirements
Please note that interviews are currently being conducted remotely, via phone and/or video chat.
Paladin Security provides support to clinical staff in hospitals all over Canada to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and visitors. We are looking for people who want to make a difference
in their community by working in a healthcare environment.
Our Officers gain experience in violence prevention, patient care, and de-escalation tactics. Many even go on to careers in nursing, social work, and law enforcement, as they work alongside these professionals every day, learning the essential skills required to succeed in this field.
While every day in a hospital is different, regular duties of a Healthcare Security Officer may involve:
- Communicating with clinical staff regarding patient discharge plans
- Responding to emergency situations, including fire alarms, incidents of aggression, 'missing patient' reports, de-escalating people experiencing trauma, and more
- Helping visitors find their way around the hospital
- Patrolling to ensure the safety of the facility
- Excellent communication, de-escalation abilities, and a problem-solving mindset
- Confidence in multi-tasking and prioritizing during fast-paced situations
- Professional demeanor and deportment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information
- Physical ability to perform the job duties, including walking and standing for the majority of a shift
Our Healthcare Security Officers must pass a criminal background check and hold a valid BC Security License. Paladin provides these for our employees at no cost, along with extensive training including BST, OFA1, and much more!
This is a Full and Part-Time
Law Enforcement and Security