Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Please note that interviews are currently being conducted remotely, via phone and/or video chat.
Make an impact as an essential worker and combat COVID-19 on the frontlines. Paladin is hiring Security Officers to support Healthcare Facilities and vaccination clinics as we protect our communities.
Paladin Security provides support to clinical staff in hospitals all over Canada to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and visitors. We are looking for people who want to make a difference
in their community by working in a healthcare environment.
Our Officers gain experience in violence prevention, patient care, and de-escalation tactics. Many even go on to careers in nursing, social work, and law enforcement, as they work alongside these professionals every day, learning the essential skills required to succeed in this field.
While every day in a hospital is different, regular duties of a Healthcare Security Officer may involve:
- Communicating with clinical staff regarding patient discharge plans
- Responding to emergency situations, including fire alarms, incidents of aggression, 'missing patient' reports, de-escalating people experiencing trauma, and more
- Helping visitors find their way around the hospital
- Patrolling to ensure the safety of the facility
- Excellent communication, de-escalation abilities, and a problem-solving mindset
- Confidence in multi-tasking and prioritizing during fast-paced situations
- Professional demeanor and deportment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information
- Physical ability to perform the job duties, including walking and standing for the majority of a shift
Our Healthcare Security Officers must pass a criminal background check and hold a valid BC Security License. Paladin provides these for our employees at no cost, along with extensive training including BST, OFA1, and much more!
We are offering a $1000 hiring bonus for full time qualified applicants after completing 3 months of full time work.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
This job reports to the ASL
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security