Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
This position will expose Healthcare Security hopefuls to the exciting world of Healthcare Security. As an essential member of the Healthcare team the Healthcare Security Officer's role is to help provide a safe and secure environment to support the delivery of excellent patient care. A Healthcare Security Officers primary role is to ensure the security and the safety of staff, patients, physicians and others on the site while also protecting property and information. Routine activities will include interior and exterior facility patrols, assisting the public with information on the facility and reporting safety hazards. You will also be required to respond to varied emergencies such as fire alarms, incidents of aggression and bomb threats amongst others to which you will receive pertinent training.
Education Requirements (Any)
- Ensure the security of the site and the safety of the public, staff and others on site.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to Paladin's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety. Undertake available training to maintain a high standard of professional development.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Monitor and screen visitors preventing unauthorized entry; be confident and composed when resolving disruptions.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
- Physical ability to perform the tasks of the role, including patrolling and standing for extended periods of time.
- Proven skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, along with basic computer skills are necessary.
- Ability to handle stressful and delicate situation with tact and diplomacy and able to demonstrate professionalism in all situation. Requirements:
- Prior experience in a security and/or customer service role
- Must be able to pass a security clearance and meet all minimum requirements for a BC Security License
- Must posses a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Flexibility to work at a variety of different shifts (afternoon/nights/weekends)
- Right now if you are hired before December 25th you will be eligible for a $250 hiring bonus once you pass your probationary period If you already have a Valid Security License.
High School Diploma/GEDCertification Requirements (Any)
Valid BC Security Licence
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
OFA IAdditional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the ASL
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 2
Law Enforcement and Security