Security Guard - Fraser Valley
Reference ID: 292668
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
Job Skills / Requirements
Paladin Security is the industry leader in security services nationwide.
To be the best, we hire the best!
Our guards are reputed for their superior level of customer service and professionalism in the industry. Our Security Guards provide a custom tailored service to meet the needs of our clients. Successful candidates will provide a variety of services which are site specific including: interior and exterior facility patrols, access control, asset protection, Occupational First Aid services, and any other services specific to the needs of the client. You will also be required to respond to varied emergencies such as fire alarms, incidents of aggression, and bomb threats, amongst others, to which you will receive pertinent training.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to travel to Chilliwack, Hope, or Mission.
- Flexibility to work at a variety of different sites and shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends).
- One year experience in the security industry or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Must possess a High School Diploma. An additional diploma/degree/certificate in criminology or a law-enforcement related study would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to pass a security clearance.
- Must meet all minimum requirements for a BC security license.
- Basic Security Training, OFA I, or CPI training would be considered an asset, however will be provided to successful applicants.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the security of the site and the safety of the public, staff and others on site.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to Paladin's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety. Undertake available training to maintain a high standard of professional development.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Patrol interior and exterior of facility, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate verbal and/or written reports on all site activity and incidents that occur.
- Monitor and screen visitors, preventing unauthorized entry; be confident and composed when resolving disruptions.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Proven leadership and conflict management skills will ensure your success in this role.
- Must possess sound observation, decision making and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to respond effectively in crisis situations.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security procedures and non-defensive communication in aggressive situations.
- Commitment to customer service when dealing with clients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Long Term Disability, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This is a Full-Time position
Posted: March 10, 2018
Closes:May 9, 2018