Security Command Centre Operator - $20+ per hour
Reference ID: 356336
Job Skills / Requirements
Paladin Security is looking for experienced candidates for our Security Command Centre. The Security Command Centre ensures a 24/7 communication link between client field staff, management, on-call personnel, and various subcontractors. The Command Centre provides a centralized point of contact for any security incident that occurs on or in relation to a client facility or property. While experience in the security industry as an officer, supervisor, or mobile patroller would be valuable, time spent in a call / dispatch center or alarm and video monitoring experience would also be a key attribute in understanding the responsibilities of this position. A good candidate would also have a high level of computing skills as this position is computer based.
The Security Command Centre Operator must have the ability to direct, communicate, and instruct officers in the field as necessary. This position requires that all operators be prepared to provide an exceptional level of customer service and support to both internal and external customers as well as other Paladin employees.
Reporting to the Security Command Centre Manager, the Operator is responsible for fulfilling all aspects of the client security program from performing access control, video monitoring, and other administrative tasks.
Applicants MUST have a minimum of 1 year experience in a control / command / alarm monitoring center environment.
- Perform access control for client facilities.
- Grant or deny access based on established protocol.
- Respond to alarm conditions reported through the alarm monitoring software and proceed according to protocol.
- Dispatch first responders (Police/Fire/Ambulance) as well as contracted security companies to security incidents.
- Follow-up on alarm response calls based on established protocols.
- Update, generate and disable access cards for all client staff members and contractors.
- Write and update incident reports for various security incidents that occur during your shift, as well as search recorded video archives for related video.
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and report accordingly.
- Dispatch / follow-up on service requests to various contracted service providers.
- Submit reports to the Security Command Centre Manager as well as client security team.
- Complete any other tasks given by the Security Command Centre Manager, or member of the client Corporate Security team.
- As the Operator is the first line of contact for all officers and clients, they must handle all calls in a professional and calm demeanor.
- Maintain a good rapport with all Paladin Employees and client staff, while being cognizant of the confidential information that must be handled and maintained by this position.
- Dispatch alarm response calls effectively, concisely, and within designated time frames.
- Respond to accident calls and emergencies. Escalate problems that cannot be resolved by the Operators. Report any issues, with full details via email or other designated forms of pass on process, in a timely manner.
- Respond to special coverage request documents and ensure all fields of the document are correct and to policy prior to submittal to subcontractors.
- Complete any other tasks given by the Security Command Centre Manager, or member of the client's Integrated Security team.
- Familiarization with client facilities including substations, generation stations and various offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 to 5 years' experience in the security industry
- Minimum 1 years' experience in Control Centre/Security Command Centre or Call Centre
- Minimum 2 years' experience in administrating a Security Access Software program (Lenel, GE, DSC, Keyscan, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years' user experience with integrated software security (CCTV, Access, Intrusion)
- Programming and monitoring experience with integrated software (Lenel, Bold, DSC, GE, Europlex, Keyscan, etc.)
- 2 years' experience with ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) systems, Telecom IP phone service and operation
- 2 years' operational knowledge and working understanding of alarm receivers and servers (BOSCH, Surgard, etc.)
- 2 years' experience with photo ID software, hardware, HID card product line
- Excellent typing skills (speed and accuracy)
- Excellent phone manner, situational awareness, and multi-tasking ability
Ensure your resume lists, in detail, how your previous experience meets with the requirements listed above. Each of the requirements listed must be met in order for your application to be considered.
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Posted: June 22, 2019
Closes: August 21, 2019