Secretary, Op-Oncology Clinic BC Cancer Agency Victoria, BC
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills? As a collaborative member of the health care team, the Secretary provides secretarial and administrative support within a team setting. Maintains a safe environment for patients, families and staff by adhering to safety policies, procedures, guidelines and emergency procedures.What you'll do
What you bring
- Receive calls from all sources including patients; refer calls to other parties or provide information as appropriate and: Determine urgency of incoming calls and take appropriate action. Relay information to and from clinical staff and outside facilities. Obtain reports by contacting appropriate departments or outside sources. Coordinate appointments and tests for patients in collaboration with the clinical team.
- Access patient information system to retrieve patient data, as appropriate. Greet visitors and handle enquiries.
- Arrange meetings/conferences and associated logistics. Act as a recording secretary by preparing agenda; drafting, typing and distributing minutes. Prepare materials as required.
- Open, screen, prioritize and distribute mail. Maintain information and correspondence.
- Format and edit documents for correspondence. Draft routine items for signature as required.
- Assist with collecting, collating, formatting and preparing reports as required.
- Assist clinicians in preparation of research documents and grant applications as required by collating information and updating documents.
- Assist with clinician scheduling, timekeeping and collaborating with the clinical team for coverage as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized secretarial program, including a recognized course in medical transcription and three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 50 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
$26.65 per hour Location:
Victoria Hours of work:
08:00-16:00, 08:30-16:30, 09:00-17:00 Reference number:
#128204What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BC Cancer program is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.