Excel Personnel has been retained by our client to secure their next Seasonal Photographer Assistant for the Kamloops Region
Our client is responsible for photographing Elementary and High School Students at their Schools through out the province of BC for their Year Book and Graduation photographs.
Our client requires:
- A Personal, friendly individual with good communication skills that can work in a really fast paced environment.
- Must be good with children of all ages, kids and teens
- Previous photography experience is a plus but basic photo knowledge is a minimum requirement to assist our photographer
- No vehicle is needed as our Photographer will be picking up our staff daily to take to photo shoots in and around the Kamloops area
- Iast year alone our client took 16,000 student photos
- You will need to be able to travel and sometimes be overnight in another community
- Our client is very classy and All single hotel rooms and meals are provided by our client and no rooms are shared, your accommodation is provided in 5 Star Hotels
- All equipment is provided for all the photographic shoots
- Availability must be identified and hired by August 23 - 25
- Training starts September 1 and photo shoots start after the long weekend.
- Time commitment is for the full assignment of September 9 - November 12, 2021
- October 18 - 22 and November 1 - 5 have no school photos scheduled at this time so could be time off.
- Shifts can go 3 - 5 hours or 5 - 7 hour days with regular travel expected and over night stays when needed
- Must pass a successful criminal record search
- Setting up equipment and preparing the area for the photographing of entire student body which could be 150 - 1,000 students per day in a gym or cafeteria environment
- We need you to work with student helpers and have a clean communication on the photographic process, gaining the student information, data, contact info, identifying which photo package they wish and documenting same, taking payments and making change
- All Photographic Shoots are usually completed by lunch hour, so actual set up time, photographs and bread downs will goes from 7:00am - 12:30pm daily., This will vary with some school size, but are usually done by schools lunch period.
- At the end of each day we break down the equipment and load into the trailer, so much be capable and able physically to lift 50 - 60 lbs of equipment in cases to transfer
- At the end of the day, you will either drive with our Photographer to the next town or go to the hotel where you then assist in sorting the order forms of packages and sorting and counting the cash to balance the days work
- Sometimes the shoots are completed by noon, some the days could be 8 hours including driving time. Once the day is finished you are free to do whatever you wish in the town you are in until next day meet up and go to next school venue.
- This is a Non-smoking environment
- Schedule would be leaving every Sunday afternoon and getting back to Kamloops by the following Friday evening. So travel is a must.
- All Schools are in the Interior from Kamloops to MacKenzie and everywhere in between, so its a road trip for sure and you will see BC
- May still be asked to wear a mask until Covid is finished in the School Districts, no variances on this
Wow this is indeed an exciting assignment, so if you are a photographic bug and love to take pictures and are aware of how a photographer operates and wants to assist, then this is an amazing assignment for you. The position again is full on as of September 9 through to middle of November
Rate of Pay $20.00 - $24.00/hr and will be dependent on experience and must commit to the complete assignment.
To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format at www.excel.bc.ca under opportunities and hit the Apply Now Button and upload your resume directly to the job http://excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/4873 so our recruiters can view your interest. Contact Karen Watt 250-374-3853 or email: email@example.com
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.
Creative and Graphic Design