6-month contract SDET role with a growing team supporting mobile applications with an enterprise organization
- 6-month contract SDET role
- Growing team supporting mobile applications that millions use
- Enterprise organization with remote on-boarding capability
What & Why:
Our client is looking to add a contract Software Development Engineer in Test to their engineering team. You will be responsible for working closely with the business and technical teams to improve the quality of product and implement QA best practices by building new automation frameworks and mentoring manual QAs. You will have ownership of the design and implementation of test strategies for complex applications and deployment topologies. You should have experience with reproducing production issues into Stage and QA environments for debugging and managing reporting on QA risks & mitigation. You will be managing QA timelines and the associated communications with stakeholders.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and have recently won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 is shaping up to be the largest year of their 20+ year history with major investment in technology as well as an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 5+ years of QA experience.
- Automation experience in Oracle Xstore 17 or desktop devices is highly valued
- System Performance Testing Experience for Oracle Xstore 17 will be considered an asset
- Experience with the following platforms Windows, Android/iOS mobile OS
- Worked on Postman API Development Environment and Other Back-end Testing Tools
- Comfortable with OOPS concepts and with SQL
- Demonstrated ability to own, design, lead and implement test strategies for complex applications and deployment topologies
- Demonstrated ability to independently take a project from idea to design to production deployment
- Familiarity with establishing CI/CD Pipelines for efficient testing coverage
- Deep understanding of development and deployment of Cloud based solutions
- Compliance requirements such as PII, PCI & SOX
- Bachelor’s degree or Certification in Networking and Computer Systems or Equivalent experience
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology