SDE Pooling - Retail System International events
Reference ID: 492772
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer technologies to solve real world problems? Do you want to affect not only internal users but Retail customers worldwide? In Retail Systems, you will pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business and our effectiveness as a player in the global e-commerce. Amazon has risen to the top of online retail, but there is still a lot of work to be done to remain competitive and find new opportunities.
As a member of Amazon's Vancouver, Canada based Vendor Self Service development team, you will be a key player in driving Amazon's Retail business; the bread and butter of Amazon. The Vendor Self Service team is streamlining many of the business processes that run Amazon Retail. We've built a large-scale vendor management solution, and we're looking for a developer who will help pave the future for how our internal users think about software. You will solve technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run the Retail business worldwide and interface with many teams, both technical and non-technical, across the company. And most importantly, the Retail Systems team is composed of some awesome people, and you'll have a lot of fun!
To learn more about Vendor Systems & Experiences, visit our page at http://bit.ly/AmazonVSE
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++ or Java
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Preferred Qualifications • Experience building distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with database-oriented distributed systems
• Exposure to Agile and Scrum development methodologies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience with vendor management systems is a BIG plus!
Posted: September 13, 2017
Closes:October 5, 2017