Vivid Solutions is a software development company that creates and implements innovative technology solutions. We thrive on tackling challenges and developing solutions that help people and businesses do what they do even better.
With a focus on value and quality we work closely with our clients to identify the strategic needs of their business to determine the technology capabilities required to support their goals. We help our clients navigate their specific situation to enable them to confidently address technology related decisions and create enduring results.
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to provide leading IT services to our clients.
- Leads and mentors teams of business analysts, testers, developers, cross functional team members, subject matter experts and stakeholders to define and deliver projects to the scope, schedule, budget, quality, and client satisfaction measures.
- Guide and coach the Scrum Teams on how best to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Facilitate and support all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Retrospective.
- Get the teams to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Help coach the Scrum teams in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Take ownership of major incidents, ensuring coordination of resolutions, effective communication to Product Owners and Stakeholders, and incident retros/learnings.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Shared responsibility for financial objectives by forecasting requirements; managing budget; analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master on an Agile Team.
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in an IT related field.
- Certified Scrum Master Certification.
- Experience coaching and promoting Agile values and principles.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of agile frameworks and methods (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), and understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- Expert experience with JIRA/Confluence and agile planning/tracking tools.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with clients, team members and other stakeholders.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Nice to have:
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- Project management qualification (PMP etc.).
Benefits & Culture:
- Great health benefits.
- Profit share program.
- RRSP matching.
- Team events.
- Personal Health and Wellness benefit.
- A company that's committed to a work life balance with excellent professional growth opportunities.
If you think this role is right for you, please apply here . Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level