ScotiaMcLeod Administrative Associate - Sidney, BC
Reference ID: 534525917
Requisition ID: 61203
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude.
Purpose of Job: The Administrative Associate's primary focus is to assist an Advisor in the day to day trading and the administration of their business. The Administrative Associate may support more than one Advisor who may have different types of business.
1. Ensure a high level of client service by:
• Supporting advisor in the regular review of clients portfolios to identify client needs for Team of Experts services
• Reviewing the portfolio to ensure it meets the current or updated risk profile and aligns with applicable investment program
• Gathering research & product information from internal and external sources
• Entering client trades as directed by client or Advisor
• Remaining up to date with all the regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to client accounts
2. Ensure effective client administration by:
• Following up with clients on missing documentation required as per the industry regulatory requirements
• Maintaining client files and information of the appropriate systems
• Checking daily trades and all system entries in accounts for timelines and accuracy
• Responding to client inquiries in a timely, responsive manner
• Resolving issues and effecting client transactions expeditiously and accurately, escalating issues to Advisor when appropriate
• Issuing instructions for client withdrawals, deposits, swaps and transfers according to client or Advisor instructions
• Ensuring all client interaction is accurately documented
• Understanding the required documentation for all client account types
3. Provide marketing assistance to the Advisor by:
• Identifying opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue within the existing client base (i.e. referrals, consolidation of assets, insurance, etc...)
• Developing, distributing and maintaining marketing materials
• Organizing client events, including lunch & learns, seminars, client appreciation
• Maintaining or co-ordinating electronic marketing
• Managing the approval process for all marketing and mass communication
4. Supporting the growth of the Advisor by:
• Reviewing and reducing all restricted accounts • Managing the Bank referral process
• Assisting in idea generation
• Reviewing the daily commission reports and follow up on unpaid commissions
• Tracking the Growth Bonus payments and follow up
• Preparing, analyzing, and presenting reports and recommendations, financial plans/concepts, insurance, annual trading summary etc. to the Advisor for review • Providing recommendations for improvement to business processes, additional value to clients, and utilization of our Team of Experts
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
• Maintaining a high level of customer service
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
• Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
• Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations
• Ability to take direction from advisor(s) on client trading activity
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
• Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
• Investment Representative Training (IRT)
• Post Secondary
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Sidney
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Law, Administrative Assistant, Finance, Legal, Administrative, Research
Posted: June 13, 2019
Closes: August 12, 2019