Job Description Summary
Our Scientific Marketing team is looking for new team members! Are you interested in using your life sciences background to build a career in marketing, science communications or writing in the biotechnology industry? We are looking for Scientific Marketing Specialists and Associates who will contribute to STEMCELL's mission of helping researchers advance science in the fields of stem cell biology, immunology, and others.
We are looking for creative minds in focus areas including Cell and Gene Therapy, Immunology, Drug Discovery and Development, Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology, Organoids and Advanced Tissue Modeling, and our European & Export markets.
As a member of this team, you will engage the scientific community, promote the awareness of our brand, and drive the adoption of our products and services to attract and retain business. You will contribute to developing marketing strategies, creating helpful and engaging content, launching new products, and promoting content via various channels (e.g. social media, emails). You will collaborate with various Scientific, Product Management, and Marketing Communications teams. Ideal candidates will have some laboratory experience and have a passion for marketing, science communications, scientific writing, or creative writing.Job Description Responsibilities of the Scientific Marketing Team
- Plan and execute strategic marketing campaigns to support the delivery of STEMCELL's market segment and brand strategies, and support the achievement of sales and marketing goals.
- Ensure newly launched products are available and appropriately highlighted on our website with all applicable information, performance data, supporting documentation, and associations with existing categories, products, and content.
- Create, maintain, and promote marketing content, including product pages and other website content, social media content, brochures, videos, web and print advertisements, sales tools, tradeshow booth graphics, and other promotional materials.
- Generate high-quality marketing collateral to support lead generation and nurturing, including contributing to the development of messaging, generating draft copy, submitting creative briefs, collaborating with the Creative Team to develop creative drafts, and distributing approved collateral internally and externally through appropriate channels.
- Manage the review and approval process for copy and creative drafts, incorporating feedback from stakeholders.
- Monitor execution of campaign plans, identify and report bottlenecks and delays, and update status of assigned tasks in the project management system.
- Track, review, and report progress and results of marketing campaigns and tactics with supervisor and campaign project teams; modifies tactics with input from cross-functional teams as needed.
- Ensure product-specific branding is maintained and that corporate brand and voice guidelines are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in life sciences field, including laboratory and/or marketing experience.
- Ideally, experience in a marketing or communications role, with a demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy and tactical plans into effective marketing collateral.
- Self-motivated to deliver creative, high-quality materials to set deadlines.
- Technical writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to meticulously copy-edit materials is essential.
- Strong independent and group project management and organizational skills, including enthusiasm for working as a part of a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and respond to changing priorities.
- Proactive in continual learning and skill development.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Sales and Marketing