Job Description Summary
If you are looking to take the next step in your marketing career in a key liaison role at a global scale, we want to hear from you! STEMCELL Technologies is hiring a Scientific Marketing Manager (SMM), China and Asia Pacific, who will plan and execute marketing tactics and campaigns, including launching new products, in order to support the delivery of STEMCELL's market segment strategy and to contribute to product demand related to the assigned segment(s).
The SMM is accountable for developing marketing strategy, campaign plans and budget recommendation based on the product or segment strategy and provides strategic input to colleagues accountable for related segments. Take ownership as the primary writer for marketing content, as well as tactics/deliverables/initiatives and how these contribute collectively to achieve strategic objectives. You will collaborate extensively cross-functionally and cross-departmentally to achieve meaningful alignment with the roles and teams supporting their assigned segment(s).Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Accountable for writing and leading the collaborative creation, maintenance and enhancement of multimedia marketing collateral and online content, including content with a high degree of technical and scientific complexity and accuracy
- Leads the collaborative development of the marketing communications strategy and marketing campaign plans and associated budget based on product strategy for assigned segment
- Accountable for execution of marketing tactics and campaigns, including cross-functional and cross-departmental collaboration, stakeholder management and evaluation/reporting of campaign outcomes
- Accountable for marketing for product launch including planning and delivering product page and associated web content, print collateral and promotional elements
- Acts as representative for Scientific Marketing on cross-team or cross-departmental projects and contributes to or drives process improvement and/or continuing learning initiatives with Marketing.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree with >5 years of relevant experience or master's or PhD with >3 years of experience
- Experience in a marketing role with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute marketing strategy is required, as well as t echnical writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills primarily in English and Mandari, with experience in presentation and proven ability to meticulously copy-edit materials
- History of effective cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration, and of both providing and receiving/applying feedback with a continuous growth mindset
- Knowledge of data analysis methodologies including appropriate controls and basic statistics and the ability to apply these to analyzing marketing results.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Sales and Marketing