20566 Position Type:
Vancouver, BC, Canada Location:
Vancouver H/O - Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)
Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. The Opportunity:
The Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) & Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting technically complex infrastructure systems in Canfor. Is considered the subject matter expert and primary support for SCCM and other complex infrastructure systems assigned.
The hardware systems include but are not limited to physical and virtual servers, SANs, network storage, and backup systems. The software systems include infrastructure applications such as databases and web servers, primarily Linux and Microsoft Server based applications.This role can be based out of either our Vancouver Head Office or our Canfor Administration Centre in Prince George, BC.Key ResponsibilitiesInfrastructure Systems Technology Leadership:
- Perform a leadership role in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new and existing infrastructure systems.
- Assist in development of and adherence to strict security policies, procedures and best practices.
- Manage and maintain the SCCM infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain the Windows as a Service infrastructure.
- Manage the process and technical details of Windows Patch deployments.
- Manage the process and technical details of Windows Feature Updates.
- Manage SCCM Application packaging and deployment.
- Build and manage SCCM custom reports.
- Asset Management tracking for software titles.
- Desktop/Laptop Image Engineering - creating, maintaining, and optimizing the image to increase end user uptime.
- Problem Management - in conjunction with the Service Desk L2 team find and analyze common Problems from incidents related to the desktop and laptop images and devise technical and operational solutions to fix and avoid similar incidents in the future.
- Create, manage, and maintain Active Directory Group Policies for the Desktop, Laptop and User accounts.
- PowerShell scripting when needed for solutions to technical problems.
- Document SCCM Configuration, SOPs, Knowledge Base Article creation, and training materials.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house and external infrastructure systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing infrastructure systems and recommend strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to staff and external infrastructure providers.
- Conduct research on infrastructure products to help justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Create orientation and training materials for end users and IT staff for all modified and new systems.
- Participate in projects to lead the associated infrastructure requirements.
Level Of Authority:
- Maintain infrastructure systems integrity and support by installing software, patches, updates, etc.
- Technical support, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- Hardware and software configuration; and management.
- Adhering to all relevant policies, procedures, and best-practices.
- Performance management and capacity planning for infrastructure systems.
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning for Infrastructure and Enterprise systems.
- Manage and lead infrastructure migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
Required Skills & EducationEducation & Experience:
- Work assignment within department and on larger IT Projects, with minimal oversight
- Has an immediate and high impact risk to business systems
- Responsible for planning and executing roadmap and direction of assigned systems
- Autonomy to create, modify, and remove systems & servers
Skills & Abilities:
- Graduated from a recognized university, college, or technology/computer science program or equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years related hands-on information technology infrastructure experience.
- Experience working with third party vendors providing support for applications.
- Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) maintenance and use for Windows clients.
- Strong knowledge of server operating systems and virtualization technologies including Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, and VMware.
- Strong knowledge of one or more Microsoft Server applications such as Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, and O365, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure including Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, and DHCP.
- Proven experience supporting infrastructure systems.
- Ability to conduct business requirements needs assessments.
- Excellent written and oral skills; excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Our Talent Acquisition team is actively recruiting on this role and in order to be considered, please apply today!
- Ability to conduct business requirements needs assessments.
- Valid BC driver's license.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience a benefit.
- Experience in an industrial setting is preferred but not required; however, the ability to work in an industrial setting is required.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada's mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
#ind123 Job Segment:
Engineer, Social Media, Developer, Service Desk, Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing, Technology, Customer Service