West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Recognized for theeighth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? The Team at our Williams Lake Plywood Division has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual for the opportunity of:LOG SCALER - Weighmaster
Log scaler – Weighmasters work within a team responsible for logs scaled in Williams Lake and assist in scaling duties in remote log stock yards. Our Log scaler – Weighmasters enjoy a balanced mix of field scaling and stratifying, while living in the community of Williams Lake. This is an hourly position with United Steelworkers benefits and wage rates. Preference will be given to local candidates.Duties include:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Scaling and log quality assessments in all weather conditions.
- In scale weighmaster, stratification.
- Participation the accuracy of the log yard inventory, and waste and residue field surveys.
- Other duties as assigned, including some aspects of purchase wood and loader operation.
- BC Scaling License
- Self-motivated and team oriented.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Class 5 driving license.
- We are looking for individuals who are interested in career advancement for progression through various aspects of our core business.
If this position sounds like the start of a career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Manufacturing and Production Operations and Logistics