Are you motivated by hard work, have a positive attitude and a strong focus on safety? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Sawmill Supervisor will be responsible for exceeding targets in quality, cost control and employee engagement with an uncompromising focus on safety standards. The Sawmill Supervisor is also responsible for providing supervision, direction, and support to sawmill employees.
This key position reports to the Sawmill Superintendent and works closely with the Maintenance Team and other staff to ensure continual improvement in reliability, productivity, safety and overall plant efficiency.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- Three to five years of supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Post-secondary education in forestry, business, engineering or related field would be an asset.
- Technical knowledge of sawmill equipment and log and lumber scanning systems is an asset.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation and effective communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position has been filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Operations and Logistics